Continue to go to school in Canada. Scholarships are currently offered at the University of Montreal. In this article, we will look at this scholarship in great detail, including its benefits and a step-by-step guide to applying.
Tuition is not required for the University of Montreal Scholarships 2024–2025. Application submission is open to all overseas students. These scholarships are available for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees. University of Montreal Scholarships will award up to $27,300 per year.
The University of Montreal was established with the intention of offering higher education. Over 135 years, it has evolved into a social enterprise. Here are some critical turning points in our history.
With 10,000 foreign students, Université de Montréal is the third most international university in Canada, according to the Times Higher Education rating. More than 7,000 Canadian nationals and residents enroll at UdeM each year. The reputation of its graduates among companies places UdeM at number 36 globally in the Global University Employability Ranking.
Also, Apply for
- Undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral level of study
- Place of Attendance: Université de Montréal
- Research: in Canada
- Courses Offered: Students are welcome to enroll in any course that the university is offering.
- Program Duration: Variable according to degree program
- Deadlines: September 1, 2023 and February 1, 2024
Université de Montréal Scholarships will provide the following benefits:
The sole factor considered in calculating the scholarship amount is the quality of your academic record. The analysis’s findings are categorized into the following three levels:
- Level A: $11,998 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $5,999 per session (15 credits) or $399 per credit
- Level B: $5,718 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $2,859 per session (15 credits) or $190.60 per credit
- Level C: $2,000 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $1,000 per session (15 credits) or $66.67 per credit
These amounts are applied to tuition fees of $23,662 per year (30 credits).
To help you with your graduate studies, you are awarded a partial exemption scholarship from the extra tuition expenses generally imposed on overseas students.
- $9,420 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $3,140 per session (equivalent to 15 credits)
This amount is applied to tuition fees of $27,300 per year (45 credits).
A whole waiver of the extra tuition fees typically applied to overseas students is offered to assist you in pursuing your graduate studies.
This exemption bursary allows you to benefit from the same tuition fees as Québec graduate studies students.
- For the course of your studies, you will pay $19,339 per year (3 sessions, equal to 45 credits), or $6,546 per session (15 credits).
This amount is applied to the tuition fees of $24,300 per year (45 credits).
The applicant must satisfy each of the following criteria in order to be eligible for the Global Excellence Postgraduate Taught Scholarship:
- English is a required language.
- All nations in the globe.
- Must be non-citizens of Canada or permanent residents, and they must possess study permission.
- Must continue to be enrolled in a full-time study program throughout their academic career.
- Not be entitled to any type of tuition fee exemption under another law or regulation. For instance, students who speak French or Belgian Francophone already receive this type of exemption.
How to apply for Université de Montréal Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship:
1. Apply for admission
To get your application and admissions process off to a good start, explore “Compass”, an interactive checklist that guides you through the required steps. Before completing the application form, make sure you respect the application deadlines and check the admissions requirements for the study programs of your interest.
2. Follow up on your file and receive an offer of admission
A few days after submitting your admission application, you will receive your “Student Center” access codes. You can check your application status and download your acceptance letter on this site.
3. Accept the offer of admission to start the evaluation:
It’s not required to apply for a UdeM Exemption Scholarship. The files of new candidates will be examined to determine their eligibility and the amount of their exemption scholarship.
4. Receive the notice of award with the amount:
There is no need to apply for the UdeM exemption scholarship. The files of new candidates will be reviewed to determine their eligibility and their exempt scholarship amount.
To learn more about Université de Montréal Scholarships, please visit the official website: